Register with your Facebook account
If you have a Facebook account you can use it to register. Facebook will provide us with some basic details about you, and we will be able to log onto the site without using an e-mail address and password.
Please confirm the following and then click the "Register with Facebook" button that is then shown.
Conditions of participation | Application for participation in the GORE-TEX® Experience TourClick here to download the Conditions of participation as a PDF file
- With the GORE-TEX® Experience Tour W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH brings experienced athletes and experts in their fields together with young people. The tour events will be organised by the respective athletes and experts. The experts share their experience and knowledge with these young people.
- By participating in the application procedure for the GORE-TEX® Experience Tour the applicant expressly declares his/her intent to want to complete this programme. By participating in the application procedure the applicant accepts these conditions of participation.
- The participant thus consents to any and all documentation, especially but not limited to photographs, film footage, interviews and performance data, that is produced in connection with his participation, being circulated and published, especially for but not limited to the purpose of advertising, without the participant having any right to payment.
- The participant declares his willingness to actively participate in the GORE-TEX® Experience Tour. During the run-up to tour, during the tour
itself, and following the tour, the participant shall at regular intervals (2-3 times a week) comment on his experiences on various social media
platforms. In this connection the participant will make reference to products of GORE. The commentaries of the participant shall include text
material, audio material, photographs and videos and be posted on various social media platforms, especially but not limited to Facebook, Twitter,
Flickr and YouTube. In this connection, the participant shall especially comment on, but not limit him/herself to, the following:
- Reasons for participating
- Preparation phase
- Influencing factors (surroundings, weather conditions and clothing)
- Meetings with the athletes/experts
- Role of the athletes/experts/coaches
- Experiences during the tour itself
- Commentaries after completion of the tour
- Other experiences throughout the tour (positive and negative)
- The participant guarantees that he/she is entitled to any and all rights to the documentation (in particular but not limited to images, videos and texts) which the participant posts on social media sites and that no third party rights are infringed. In addition, the participant exempts GORE from any and all third party claims asserted against GORE based on the utilization of documentation. The participant transfers to GORE any and all rights to documentation, free of charge, exclusively and unlimited in terms of time, place and content.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. Any and all personal details provided must be true and accurate. W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH shall not be liable for health risks associated with the participant’s participation in the programme. Each participant is obliged to judge for him/herself whether or not the state of his health is adequate for participation in the programme, if necessary, after having consulted a medical doctor. The participant shall make sure that the equipment he/she brings with him is in perfect condition.
- Three scores, all of which carry equal weight, are used to choose the finalists. These include the microsite votes, the jury’s decision and the opinion of the athletes. So it is not only the votes on the microsite that matter.
For some projects, a casting session might be staged at which a certain number of candidates meet with the athletes and the jury
Note on voting: Play fair! Only one vote is allowed per person. GORE-TEX® reserves the right to disqualify anyone believed to be abusing the voting system by intentionally creating or using multiple e-mail accounts for the purpose of voting.
- The participant declares his/her willingness, by arrangement with W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, to submit data, commentaries and photographic material at regular intervals.
- NON-LIABILITY CLAUSE: The participant shall be solely responsibility for his/her decision as to whether or not he/she should participate in the programme. In the event of a force majeure, on the grounds of official directives, or for reasons of security, the organiser is entitled to make changes to the implementation of the programme or to cancel it. In such circumstances the organiser shall not be liable to the participant for damages. A liability of the organiser, on whatever legal grounds, for material damage and financial loss of any kind and their consequences which the participant incurs during or in connection with his participation in the programme as a result of the conduct of the organiser, his representatives, vicarious agents or authorised persons, shall, in the case of an infringement of obligations which are not essential/material contractual obligations (“Cardinal Obligations”), be limited to damages which were caused by an intentional or grossly negligent act. In the event of an infringement of Cardinal Obligations, in cases of simple negligence the liability of the organiser is limited to foreseeable, typically ocurring damages. If and to the extent that the organiser’s liability for damages is excluded or limited, the participant also exempts the employees, consultants, representatives, vicarious agents, sponsors and persons, and any and all other persons with whom an order has been placed in connection with the implementation of the programme from personal liability for damages.
- Any and all documents made available to the participant may only be used in the interest of GORE. Trade secrets of GORE which are communicated or made known in some other way, may not be utilised or communicated to other persons, also not after termination of the contractual relationship. However, the existence of a business relationship between the participant and GORE may be made public.
- German law shall apply, without application of its confict of laws provisions.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, there is no possibility of recourse to legal action.
- The participant consents to his personal data being collected, processed, saved, transferred and utilised by GORE and its affiliated companies for the purpose of selecting the candidates and implementing the GORE-TEX® Experience Tour. GORE may also transfer the above mentioned personal data to third parties, especially but not limited to the athletes and experts, and the external companies for processing within the framework of the purpose mentioned above. The participant is advised that he can withdraw this consent at any time and without giving Gore the reasons by sending an email to email@example.com or via telephone +49 (0) 80 63 80-10. This also applies in so far as the above mentioned personal data have been transferred to third parties.