How old do I have to be to participate? ∞
Participants must be over the age of 18.
Why cannot people under the age of 18 participate? ∞
There are legal reasons why you have to be over the age of 18 to participate in the upcoming projects. More projects are being planned for next year. People under the age of 18 may be able to participate in these projects. Keep an eye on this website to see what is being planned for next year.
What sort of people is GORE looking for? ∞
- That depends on the project:
- Have a look at the project description on our website
- For all our projects you’ll need to:
- Be a team player!
- Love the outdoors!
- Speak a bit of English. For some projects it is even essential that you speak English.
Who is not allowed to participate? ∞
For reasons of fairness and transparency, entries will not be accepted from employees or interns and family members of W.L. Gore & Associates worldwide or other companies directly involved in the GORE-TEX® Experience Tour. If you are unclear as to whether this affects your entry, please email: contact [at] experience-tour.com and explain your situation.
What exactly do you mean by: “Share your ideas with the pros!”? ∞
Our shared goal is to bring the young outdoor community and their idols together. To develop new approaches and explore new ideas that push boundaries and contribute to the development of outdoor sports.
Can you apply from anywhere in the world? ∞
The upcoming projects are all based in Europe. For this reason and for organisational reasons they are restricted to candidates from Europe. Europe means all parts of Europe.
What expenses are involved (e.g. the cost of travel, equipment, accommodation)? ∞
- Candidates may incur minor expenses during the run-up to the project. GORE will refund travel costs up to 250 €, based on the distance travelled.
- We pay for all travel, meals and accommodation during the project itself. These will depend on local conditions. Standards may be low and accommodation not particularly comfortable. Candidates should take this into consideration.
- The candidate's equipment will be checked by our experts when they prepare for the project. Any special equipment required for a specific project will be provided by us. The candidates will need to provide their own basic equipment.
What about insurance and first aid for the duration of the project? ∞
Candidates will need to have standard and international health insurance – just as though they were going on a private trip abroad. GORE does not assume liability for accidents or illness. Detailed information on the subject can be found in the Conditions of Participation.
If the project cannot take place, will I be given a cash equivalent, or can I take part in one of the other projects? ∞
- If a project cannot take place no cash equivalents will be given. We cannot guarantee that a candidate can take part in one of the other projects because the projects are all very different.
- We try and make sure that all of the projects take place. If not, we try to organize an appropriate alternative project which the candidate can take part in.
- No cash equivalent is available.
- Candidates have no legal right to participate.
How is the winner of each project chosen? ∞
- Three scores, all of which carry equal weight, are used to choose the finalists. These include the microsite votes, the jury’s decision and the opinion of the athletes. So it is not only the votes on the microsite that matter.
- For some projects, a casting session might be staged at which a certain number of candidates meet with the athletes and the jury.
- In addition, all applicants need to:
- Be mentally and physically fit and healthy.
- Have team spirit (it is essential that the applicants fit into our team).
- Be temporarily available.
- The best athlete won’t necessarily be the winner - you don’t have to be a professional!
- Note on voting: Play fair! Only one vote is allowed per person. GORE-TEX® reserves the right to disqualify anyone believed to be abusing the voting system by intentionally creating or using multiple e-mail accounts for the purpose of voting.
How are the winners chosen when the projects have more than one finalist? ∞
- In this special case a casting session is staged to select the finalists:
- How many participants are invited to the casting session depends on the individual team and the project.
- These participants meet with the project team at the casting session.
- The team makes the final decision as to who they want to take on tour with them.
- Three scores, all of which carry equal weight, are used to choose the participants of the casting session. These include the microsite votes, the jury’s decision and the opinion of the athletes. So it is not only the votes on microsite that matter.
- Note: the possible number of finalists is announced separately in each project description!
What does GORE expect from the participants? ∞
- The winner should have the will and determination to provide the best possible support.
- The winner should be genuinely interested in posting regular reports on the project.
- Participants have to transfer all image rights to GORE.
- The winner should be familiar with social media platforms such as facebook, youtube or twitter.
- For further information please see our “Conditions of Participation”. These can be viewed during the application process.
How to change your completed application form? ∞
You can make changes to your application for as long as you have not finally submitted it.